Communication & Scheduling Tools
TSC Contact Information
Keller Center West: W134
URGENT after-hours support (919) 660-7878, press 1
URGENT in-classroom support (919) 660-7979
Fuqua Server Maintenance
Fuqua IT reserves 12am-4am EST every Wednesday for network and system maintenance.
During this time frame, Fuqua's IT services and network may not be available.
General AV needs, advance plans for events
Duke OIT Help Desk
24 hours/day, 5 days/week
Sun. 7pm - Fri. 5pm (EST)
What is my NetID?
How do I change my NetID password?
If you know your existing password and wish to change it, you can do so at OIT's Self-Service page Online@Duke.
If you do not know your existing password, you can:
Call the OIT Service Desk at (919) 684-2200. For security reasons, we cannot reset a password via e-mail or live chat.
- Visit the OIT Service Desk at the Link, Perkins Library, Lower Level.
- Fax a NetID Password Reset Form with a copy of a photo ID (passport, drivers license, or Duke card) to (919) 684-4400.
What is Challenge & Response Verification?
The Challenge-Response Verification system (CRV) is designed to allow users to prove their identity over the phone to the Service Desk or to electronic systems when they have forgotten their NetID password. Users choose questions to which only they would know the answer. The system allows a user to securely prove his or her identity without having to provide a Social Security number. Here's how it works:
- Users must choose or create at least three questions, but can choose more.
- These questions may last indefinitely, but users are encouraged to change them once they have been used.
- When trying to change your password over the phone, you will be asked three of your questions and must answer all of them correctly.
- For security purposes, when anyone views your questions, you will receive an e-mail notifying you that someone accessed your questions.
- When someone attempts to answer your questions, a second e-mail will be sent to you stating which questions were asked and which were answered correctly.
What are guidelines for selecting a good password?
When you select a password, follow these guidelines:
- Use at least eight characters; the more characters, the better.
- Make your password easy for you to remember but hard for someone else to guess.
- Intersperse punctuation marks or symbols such as #, $, %, etc. Do not use a blank space.
- Always use a mixture of upper- and lower-case characters and numbers.
- Your password cannot contain your first, middle, or last name nor your NetID.