Communication & Scheduling Tools
TSC Contact Information
Keller Center West: W134
URGENT after-hours support (919) 660-7878, press 1
URGENT in-classroom support (919) 660-7979
Fuqua Server Maintenance
Fuqua IT reserves 12am-4am EST every Wednesday for network and system maintenance.
During this time frame, Fuqua's IT services and network may not be available.
General AV needs, advance plans for events
Duke OIT Help Desk
24 hours/day, 5 days/week
Sun. 7pm - Fri. 5pm (EST)
For Faculty and Staff to access your office computer from a different computer, use Remote Desktop Connection from Microsoft.
This procedure works for connecting to your office PC running Windows XP/7 from your home PC running Windows XP/Vista/7/8, Mac OS X, iPhones, iPads, and Android devices.
Remote Desktop is built into Windows. It's available to install from these respective app stores:
Locate your computer name and enable Remote Desktop on your office machine
- Right-click on My Computer and select Properties
- Select Computer Name tab
- Note the first part of full computer name before .fuqua.duke.edu
- Select Remote tab
- Enable Allow users to connect remotely to this computer
- Click OK
As long as your office computer is turned on here are the steps to connect to it remotely.
- Connect to the Fuqua VPN
- Launch Remote Desktop Connection
- Type in full computer name (e.g. my-computer.fuqua.duke.edu)
- Login using your NetID and Password.
- Your NetID should be in the form of: Fuqua\NetID